Zucchini Spaghetti with Easy Lentil Marinara
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-15 oz cans organic tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 medium zucchini, spiralized with your KitcheNiche Spiralizer
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Add lentils and 2 cups of water to a medium pot. Bring to a boil and then lower to a simmer and cook until lentils are tender and liquid is evaporated, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a pan over medium heat. Add the onion and saute for 5 minutes, or until translucent. Add the garlic cloves and saute for an additional minute, until fragrant.
- Add the tomato sauce, basil, oregano, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- When lentils are done cooking, add them to the sauce and simmer for an additional 5 - 10 minutes.
- In a separate pan, add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and saute the zucchini pasta for 5 - 10 minutes, until desired tenderness is achieved. Fresh zucchini will often lose moisture as the zucchini pasta cooks so be sure to drain any liquid that has built up in the pan.
- Divide the pasta among four plates and top with lentil marinara. Serve hot.