Zucchini Spaghetti Skillet with Kale, Chickpeas and Poached Eggs
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup diced shallots
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Spicy Red Pepper Sauce
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 small pinch of saffron
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1.5 cups chopped kale
- 3/4 cup chickpeas
- 2 medium zucchinis spiralized, thick end of your KitcheNiche Spiralizer
- 2 whole eggs
- feta and chopped parsley, to garnish
- Place a medium skillet over medium-low heat and add in the olive oil. Once the oil heats, add in garlic and shallots. Cook for 30 seconds and then add in the diced tomatoes, spicy red pepper sauce, cumin, saffron and season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine and let cook for 1 minute.
- Add in the chopped kale, stir to combine and let cook until sauce is reduced. Once sauce is reduced, add in the zucchini noodles and chickpeas. Toss the noodles around until covered in the sauce.
- Move the mixture around to create two pockets for the eggs. Crack one egg into each pocket. Cover the skillet and let cook for about 5 minutes or until egg whites have fully set.
- Remove the cover, garnish with parsley and feta. Enjoy!