Zucchini Noodle Miso Ramen Soup
- 4 medium zucchini, Spiralized
- 8 cups of water
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 4 large carrots, 2 carrots cut into thirds, 2 carrots thinly Spiralized
- ½ a small acorn squash, cut into large cubes
- 2 cups of chopped greens such as kale, beet greens, collard greens or chard
- 2 celery stalks, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup cabbage
- 2 inch piece fresh ginger, cut into four
- 2 cloves of whole garlic, cut in thirds
- 1½ tablespoons miso paste
- 1 scallion, green part chopped
- Garnish: fresh lime, cilantro & parsley to finish
- Spiralize the zucchini, skin on and in a colander over a bowl. Using a KitcheNiche Spiral Vegetable Slicer. Let drip or rest on the counter up to two hours. (leaving uncovered in the fridge accelerates this) The drier they are, the better they stand up to the hot broth.
- Make the broth. Combine the remaining ingredients (except the thinly sliced carrots & scallion) into a large stock pot. Bring to a rapid boil, then reduce to a simmer for one hour. You can let it simmer longer for a deeper flavor.
- Strain out the vegetables and return to the pot. Add thinly spiralized carrots and return to a boil for 3 to 5 minutes, depending on how cooked you like the carrots.
- Portion out zucchini noodles into bowls and pour hot broth over.
- Finish with chopped scallions, fresh lime, cilantro or parsley.